Saturday, August 19, 2017

In our Land of Promise

Why is Rochester our land of promise? Because the Lord guided us by His hand here. I recall getting ready for an interview with Stake Presidency for Justin to get a new calling for Church. There was a lot of prayer and pondering as this service opportunity was likely to be a big responsibility. We said "Thy will said "Thy will be done" meaning we were willing to stay in Sarasota for a while to serve the Lord if that is what was required of us. We then learned the Lord's will and were asked to continue to serve in the same capacity as first counselor of a new Bishop. That evening we were told give a bigger fast offering and you will be blessed. That night at home we were wondering what path to take. It seemed like everything was the same, but Justin comented on a Facebook post facisiously regarding his friend covering for his Bass Teacher at Eastman "Maybe I will apply and get in for my Doctorate". His Bass Teacher commented "For the record, we would love to have you".. I recall having an interview for a work from home job the next morning. I was preparing to stay home to be a greater support for Justin, but after this simple message, I acted on a leap of FAITH, something not seen that is true, and days later after this interview, I withdrew my application because my husband decided to apply for grad school out of state. I felt this was our golden ticket and from day 1 I acted on faith that it would happen. I recall flying to Rochester for Justin to audition on my birthday.. To be continued..

No comments: